Monday 16 September 2013

Review: Eco2Life, All Natural Cleaning Products

I've wanted to try natural cleaning products due to finding it hard to mop my floor with 2 dogs in the house. I know this sounds a bit silly, but dogs absorb chemicals through the pads on their paws. So mopping my house (all laminate) meant shutting the dogs in the kitchen whilst I did the rest of the house, waiting for that all to dry and then shutting them out of the kitchen whilst I mopped that.

Also with some cleaning products the chemical smell gets right on my chest and with T (my almost 3 y/o son) I've noticed him sneezing a few times after I'd cleaned or sprayed something.

We've started to go quite eco friendly at home, having recently purchased the Ecoegg both the washing and tumble drying one. I am utterly in love with them both! Anyway that's another story!

So I began searching the supermarket shelves to no avail.

I eventually gave up and started searching online for ideas.

Then it cropped up on my Twitter that I had a new follower. I always check my new followers bios to see who they are and what they do.

My new follower was @eco2life so I had nose at their bio: "eco2life is our range of high performance, natural, eco friendly household cleaning products delivered through a unique refill and reuse system.

Hurrah!

So I sent them a cheeky DM asking if they would like their products reviewing as I was desperate to try some. Instantly got a reply back saying they would be happy to. (Never any harm in asking! This was the first time I have asked to review something)

The products arrived within a few days:

 
 
I was rather excited and began planning a 'big clean' for the weekend. (I do enjoy a good cleaning session, I'm a bit weird like that)
 
The first one I used was the 'multi-surface' cleaner for the kitchen. So I set about making it up, which is quite simple, fill the spray bottle half full, add the full contents of the refill bottle in, fill the rest of the bottle up and shake!
 
It was good and effective, I cleaned as I always do all the work surfaces and the top of the electric hob. All cleaned up nicely. The scent is very mentholy which I found an odd smell to have in the kitchen, not a bad smell just an odd one!
 
My surfaces were left nice and shiny and the smell wafted pleasantly throughout the house and lasted for quite a while!
 
The next day I planned to test it on my windows, inside and out!
 
So I made the 'glass' cleaner up.
 
I've tried before and after pictures for everything but I couldn't get the muck in on the before, I've think I've managed to get some in on the windows 'before' shot!
 
 
Not so shiny, but after:
 

Ooooh shiny!
 
Just a few sprays, one tea towel to clean with and one tea towel to dry with. It dried pretty much streak free as well!
 
The spray floor cleaner was next, easy to use and left my laminate nice and shiny, followed by the bath and shower cleaner.
 
So overall I was thrilled, environmentally, pet and human friendly products that worked!
 
My only minor criticism would be the smell. They all smell exactly the same, which is the menthol type smell. Would be nice to have natural smells of lemon/apple/vanilla etc. But whether this is not included due to cost or the fact it may affect how the product works.
 
So I then headed to their website www.myeco2life.com to see about the cost.
 
If you're anything like me, when you run out of cleaner, you buy whatever's on offer in the supermarket, so let's say you normally pay £1 per bottle of cleaner.
 
I was presently surprised to find the prices as such here and free delivery on orders over £10.
 
You buy your starter kit which costs £9.99 which gives you all 4 bottles which can be reused up to 10 times, and your refill, and 4 cloths.
 
Then it's only £1.49 for your refills after that. So it costs roughly 49p extra per bottle, but isn't that worth paying for not using nasty chemicals all over your house and doing your bit for the environment!?
 
I will definitely be buying again once we start running low.
 
Now if someone can point me in the direction of a nice, affordable, all natural air and fabric freshener I'll be all set!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Cool - what a great product. And I love that you tweeted to ask to do the review - you have done them proud - happy cleaning! ;)

    ReplyDelete