Wednesday 30 January 2013

View of the Step Daughter

R's first bit of writing, I'm so pleased and proud she did this for me! *wipes tear from eye*

Her side to my previous blog Being an 'evil' Step Mother

So I've gone from having my dad all to myself to having a wicked step mother and a brother in the space of a few years, its a lot to take in especially being a moody teenager and thinking everything was against me!

 I've never really had a mother figure in my life so I wasn’t quite sure how to handle my dad meeting somebody that was going to be such a big part of my life.

 My first thoughts of a step mum were EVIL!! I think that was from watching Cinderella when I was younger. I thought she was going to come in and take over everything, which I think is one of the reasons why I had such a bad attitude towards it all. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy and that we had to see both sides. But that wasn’t going to be easy as I think me and my step mum both have a stubborn side.

  My dads relationship moved quite quickly and before I knew it, she was moving in and I got the phone call. ‘ Hi sweetheart, erm just to let you know your going to have to move your room round to fit a cot in, she's pregnant. ‘ So many emotions were going through my head, I didn’t know how to react so I went on a war path and hated everyone. They sat down and we all had a big talk, and I finally warmed up to the idea of having a little sibling. But only if it was a boy!

T was born, and I instantly fell in love. We finally had the little family and stability that I always wanted. Then came the wedding, I was so happy that my dad finally found somebody but I was scared incase she was going to up and leave.

The problem I have is that I get close to somebody then think they are going to leave so I block myself out and build all my problems up till I explode. And that is exactly what happened. After all the arguments and the crying, I opened up. We talked about it and came up with the idea about matching tattoo’s. I loved the idea, and it proved that she was serious about it all.

December 2011, I had a row with my dad and made the decision to move in with my grandparents house. I eventually sorted things out with my dad, but I then turned to my stepmum. I felt that she was the one that changed everything and it was all the wicked step mothers fault. It was childish but I felt that I had to blame somebody.

 After a few months, I calmed down and realised that everything she was doing, was only to help me. I feel that now we are closer than ever, we still have our disagreement’s but all familys do. Im happier now then I have been in ages. I love my catch ups with her, shes not just a step mum I also class her as a best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment