Thursday 10 October 2013

Musings: Dora the Explorer


This is Dora.

She's an explorer. (Apparently)

The monkey with the boots on is called, um, Boots.

There is a fox that likes pinching things, he is called Swiper.

Dora teaches our children about colours, shapes and a little bit of Spanish.

All I see is the effect that Dora has on my real life.

When T asks me what something is, I tell him, he then says 'louder' so I confusedly say it louder, then he shouts 'LOUDER' and I yell it at him. I have realised this is from Dora. I just feel like my son is going deaf.

Then the DAMN fox has caused the following problem, T will pinch something from me then tell me I have to say 'Swiper no swiping' (this is how they stop the fox from pinching things they need for their 'adventures') and he the says 'oh man' and T will also say 'oh man' in the most American accent you've ever heard 'owwwhhh maaaayyyyyannnnn' BUT if you don't say 'Swiper no swiping' T will run off with said object (as does Swiper) and hide it, the come in and proudly announce (as Swiper does) 'YOU'LL NEVER FIND IT NOOWWWWW'

I do find it though, it's always under my pillow.

I had an uncomfortable nights sleep the other night, woke up to find I'd been sleeping on an elephant figure, all my 2 months worth of contact lenses, and 2 plastic pirates.

When childrens TV gets REAL!



1 comment: