Saturday 12 January 2013

Along the Lines of White Lies...

Yep I encountered another problem.

I don't think they're white lies, but they're not the truth.

I'll explain.

When Toby was teeny, we had a finger puppet story glove. One of the puppets was a giraffe.

One day Daddy was showing Toby the glove. It had a dog 'Woof woof', a donkey 'hee - haw', a cow 'moooooo' a pig 'snort' and a giraffe '?!' Not to be shown up Daddy made the following noise *thinks* errm stick your tongue half way out and wobble it quickly side to side whilst saying 'errrrr' Did you do it? Excellent. That became our noise for a giraffe.

As Toby grew up his animal knowledge extended and we were getting good. Then we were introduced to the flamingo (or mingo as Toby calls it) 'I'll handle this I announced' a flamingo goes *runs around knees up high arms flapping shouting 'Mingo, mingo, miinnnggooo'*

So that's now what a Flamingo does.

Then for my own amusement I started asking Toby what two animals joined together would sound like, example a cow sheep. This goes 'mooooobaaaaa' a tigerkangeroo goes 'raaaahboingboingboing' then for ultimate hilarity we finish with a giraffeflamingo 'tonguewobblingmingomingomingo'

A few days later we got a new game, as per habit I ask him what everything is and if it makes a noise what noise does it make?

We encountered a sheepdog in this game, 'what does a sheepdog do Toby?' 'BaaaaaWoof!' He gleefully shouted.........shit.

So as i can't unteach him these things and he will probably be bullied now at school for my stupidness, I have done something worse....I have taught my friends son the same noises.

BaaaaaWoof!









1 comment:

  1. Very clever Toby! He's obviously a very bright kid.

    ReplyDelete