Thursday 14 March 2013

Glamourous Granny


Allow me to introduce my Grandbaby....ta da.....

I've been DESPERATE to tell you all for ages now, but I respected the 12 week rule (and waited for her to announce it on Facebook!)

For those of you who are fairly new to my blog, I am Step Mammy to a 19 year old and 17 year old. This is the baby of 19. Due at the end of September.

So I was cool with turning 30 this year (My birthdays went as such 18,19,20,21,21,21,21,21,21,27,28,29) I wasn't allowed another 21st when I was 27 as I was pregnant, and therefore had to 'celebrate' my age. So being cool about turning 30 was a big step for me.

Then I found out that approximately a month after I turn 30 I will be a Grandma (Maw Maw, Bam Bam PLEASE help me come up with a Grandma like name that isn't Grandma/Granny/Nana!) This puts an entirely different spin on turning 30!

So I'm in the process of preparing to become a Yummy Mummy in time for turning 30. Growing my hair, losing weight (I hit my target of 12 and a 1/2 today! New target set for 12) basically intent on becoming fabulous as I enter my 30s. Now I have to up that to becoming a Glamourous Granny AND a Yummy Mummy. Good grief, where do I even start!?

Anyhoos in Mummyland.....

T seems to finally be getting rid of this damn cold! He's still got some on his chest, but he's getting a lot better thank goodness!

We did some crafty stuff yesterday;


I figured out 2 reasons why we're not good at crafty stuff. 1, T doesn't like his hands messy, he freaked out when he got glue on his hands, and 2, we're both to tidy. We finished his picture and then I asked him to tidy up, so he carefully pulled all the above things on the paper back off and put them back in the box. Excellent.

So I made an AWESOME train track instead....cause I'm good at that....sometimes!

 
 
Today we braved another toddler group. Toddler gymnastics. We both loved it! The instructor was lovely and welcoming, the other mothers smiled and chatted to us both. After the 45 minute session had finished T sobbed and sobbed and sobbed about going home, there was another session on straight after, so we stayed for that one too, and he sobbed and sobbed at the end of that one also.
 
So we'll be going back there again!
 
The preschool discussion has cropped back up again in our house. At the moment it looks like we're going to leave it till he's 4 before we put him in. He's not even 2 and a half yet, he can count to 20, recognise his numbers up to 10, recognises all his letters, and knows all the sounds, both phonics and whatever the word is for normal letters. The other day he did a 50 piece (5-6 year old) jigsaw, without the picture! I can't keep up with him!
 
I'm struggling now with what to teach him next, he learns so fast, but I don't want to burn him out before he starts in education!
 
So I put it to Twitter (my new fountain of all parental knowledge, and full of wonderful, wonderful people!) to see if there are any preschool apps I could try him on. I was recommended Hairy Letters by @aitcheldee who does App reviews on her blog. So I downloaded it and we gave it a go.
 
About 5 minutes later, T was putting letters together to spell words. Cat, at, tap, pat, mad, sad...etc.
 
Which is brilliant, opens up a whole new world of learning for me now, which I'm quite excited about. Looks like he's got his Mammys childhood brains (I was reading by 2) and his Daddys curiosity and problem solving skills (T knows how to use a screwdriver, electric and hand held!)
 
I just hope I can provide enough challenges for him at home to keep his brain engaged and him having fun!
 
 
Signing off now as I've totally forgotten to do #Pbb tonight! (More on that in next blog, I shall be picking my favourites!)







4 comments:

  1. Aww, Maw Maw, that's a good one!

    It's hilarious that T took the bits off the paper, love it.

    We have that Thomas track and I bloody hate it, I can never put it together properly, stupid thing.

    Well done on getting to more groups, so pleased you guys are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I f**kin hate that Thomas track, I sent T out of the room last week and kicked it across the floor! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you have one talented little boy! Congrats on the new baby, hope everything goes well. I was 18 and 21 when i had my children, it's great that you're there for your step daughter.
    My aunt is called Omi (ome its pronounced) not sure where it comes from but its different! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and thank you, Omi shall be added to the list, although Maw Maw is providing much amusement at the moment! Thanks for commenting! Xx

    ReplyDelete