Saturday 4 July 2015

6 Months


My beautiful girl is 6 months old. 
6 freakin months!
Where did they go? I'm sure I just popped her out.

She is such a happy smiley content little thing, intrigued by everything and everyone and dazzles everyone with her huge blue eyes and big smiles.



She's been rolling for a while, went through a few stages of attempting to crawl but has given up on that for now, same with her sitting up, she can do it, she just prefers to throw herself backwards instead.
She has 2 teeth through on the bottom, her top ones are coming down and won't be long before they start coming through. 


We've started baby led weaning with her, she wasn't interested in purees at all she just wanted to chew proper food. So I did some research and decided to go for it. It is so terrifying and so fascinating. Terrifying watching your tiny baby pull off huge chunks of food and struggle with it in her mouth, fascinating watching her move it round and spit it out (and fling it on the floor) it says not to interfere if they gag, as their gag reflex is near the front of their tongue so they're in no danger of choking. They learn about manageable amounts this way, so she learns that's too much. But I literally have to sit on my hands sometimes to let her sort it out! She loves roast parsnips, that's definitely her favourite, but so far she's had cheese, cucumber, banana, parsnip, pasta, potato, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, Yorkshire pudding, chicken, beef, bread, tuna, sausage... Pretty much everything, she bloody loves it!

Sleep wise she does anywhere between 9 and 12 hours. If she wakes for a feed it tends to be between 3/4am. But she goes down at 6pm usually. Every now and then she throws me with a few 1am feeds to keep me on my toes. But I do love night feeds sometimes, she stares at me intently and gets so excited when I go in to her. 

I love my little squishy more than I thought possible. Can't wait for the next 6 months, hopefully crawling, walking, talking!






No comments:

Post a Comment