Monday 18 November 2013

The John Lewis Christmas Advert



Ok, ok I need to say my piece I'm afraid.

If you haven't seen the John Lewis Christmas advert, familiarise yourself first.

Did you cry?

So many people posted on Facebook, and Twitter, and my sister text me 'have you seen the John Lewis advert? I cried'

So I watched it, tissues at the ready, nothing, I actually felt cross.

Yes, cross!

If you read my blogs you'll know I'm fairly harsh on cartoons, so let this one line up to be next.

Firstly, how selfish is Hare? Bear hibernates all winter for a reason. This is nature, and just so he's not piggin' lonely on Christmas day he takes it upon himself to wake Bear up.

How did he set the alarm?! One suggestion from Twitter was that he may have asked John Lewis to do that as their customer service is pretty awesome. Well he would have had to as obviously Hares don't have thumbs to do the annoying twisty thing on the back that sets the alarm on Christmas day.

Also who the heck waits till 7:45am to wake up for Christmas? I am done by then! DONE! Having been awake since 5am. If I had to wait till 7:45am for Christmas to start, I would EXPLODE!

Also from a selling side from John Lewis, where is there any promotion of goods (expect the alarm clock) the point of the advert is how lovely the simple things are, just getting to spend Christmas with your best friend, no presents required. Lovely message. Unless John Lewis have started selling happiness or friendship, is their not a chance that their loyal customers may think 'what a lovely message, this year we won't exchange gifts, unless they are presents of nature, we will just rejoice in the fact that we can be together' John Lewis goes bankrupt!

The Hare could have given Bear some nice Gruffalo 'jamas or something for when the poor thing returned to his hibernation.

What did you think of the advert? If you cried, why did you cry? Does this advert make you want to buy from John Lewis?!

6 comments:

  1. Don't even need to leave a comment do I? No and no! Disappointed from Berkshire ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that no to crying and no to buying?! Or just no to me being against the advert? Confused from Teesside :)

      Delete
  2. This did make me laugh! I can just imagine you sat there all cross at the TV! I liked the advert, but I didn't cry. It's a nice message though, I think all of the John Lewis adverts focus more on the people at Christmas rather than the presents. Same with all their adverts. I did however cry at their 2011 advert with the little boy all excited for Christmas and it turned out it was just so he could give his parents a gift. God, I'm such a sap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tears, but an odd advert as you say, what use is an alarm clock to a Bear ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. another one here .. http://tidd.ly/2099a344

    ReplyDelete