Thursday 17 January 2013

Fashion Related RANT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

I am in a ranty mood today, and I know I've already blogged like 5 minutes ago, but I just got annoyed as I got dressed and thought it was worthy of a blog.

I think I may go to IKEA, nick a load of tape measures and send them to head offices of allllllll the shops in alllllll the country that sell clothes!

I HATE clothes shopping at the best of times, I go out with the aim to find a pair of jeans that make me look like this:

 
 
 
But instead when trying them on I end up looking like this:
 
 
 
 
 
or this :
 


Pinched this pic from a fab Jeans Blog which sums up perfectly.
 
 
It frustrates me beyond BELIEF!
 
Why can't a size 14 be the same in all the shops?!
 
I own about 6 pairs of jeans, 4 size 14s and 2 size 16s. 3 of the 14s fit perfectly, one is more like a size 12. One of my 16s just fall down as soon as I move and the other I can't even get over my thighs!
 
Surely shops would sell more if a 14 in one shop was the same fit as a 14 in another one?!
 
Example, I can go to shop A, and pick up 4 different own brand styles of jeans in a 14. 2 of these will fit and 1 will be too big and another too small. IN THE SAME SHOP! But hey at least I can fit into a 14 here, so here is where I will purchase my jeans.
 
Then I will wander down to shop R and pick up a size 14, can't get them over my knees, 16,  can't get them fastened, 18, will fit but with a bit of muffin top. So do I try the size 20 and think, 'it doesn't matter about the size, it's how the look and feel?' NO! I will go and buy them from shop A which makes me feel slim and gorgeous!
 
I understand that different people are different shapes and that not many shops take that into account, I have huge boobs and a comparitavely small waist, but to get my boobs in a top, will essentially hang off the rest of me. Trousers wise, I have wide hips, but no bum, and fairly slim legs so jeans that fit across my hips usually leave me with a saggy bum and loads of flappy material around my thighs.
 
My wardrobe is full of clothes that I have bought and that fit, I buy 'fashionable' items, and they usually get thrown out after a week. The clothes that remain are pieces I have bought up to 10 years ago, which always look nice on!
 
Someone needs to resolve this....could we do a petition and get this to Parliament?
 
It's for the good of the country, if every person could go into any shop and know that they can buy clothes that fit, it would do wonders for the economy and I actually believe the world would be a much nicer place.
 
Rant over, I'm wearing my saggy jeans, and a hoody, and I refuse to go clothes shopping until I'm a size 12.....on my tape measure!



8 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It's a conspiracy to keep us in a body-hating fog! My pet peeve is: once you find a pair that fits well - you go back to buy another pair - and they've discontinued it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Asda do that to me all the time!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Frustrates me that none of the shops sell the same size, they each have their own measurements. Its the same with kids clothes too and that really annoys me

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to do a whole other blog about kids clothes rant. My 2 year old son is still too small for 18-24 months in tescos yet is going into 3-4 years in debenhams or asda!! Xx

      Delete
  3. This happens to me on a regular basis too Jetta :/
    Infact I've had this today whilst trying on 2 different lengths in 2 different sizes!!! I'm an inbetweener at the moment 14-16 but obviously a 15!
    It made me rather sad when I left the shop that I gave up the hunt for a pair of skinny dark blue jeans!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should make odd numbered sizes! It's so silly that they don't! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this. Love. Perfection :) I have jeans issues as well, and i hate that to look/feel great in ANY i need to be tiny. And i'm too lazy to get tiny. And too hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, love this post, totally true. I lost a lot of weight after my daughter and bought smaller sized clothing as an incentive, during this phase it didn't matter what the label said, i would wear them as they started to fit.... but buying jeans after i had lost the weight, for a specific size, a total nightmare!

    ReplyDelete