Friday 18 January 2013

New Days Resolutions

I am loving my New Years resolution to make daily resolutions!

I have my long term ones, lose a stone by August 20th (my 30th) spend as much time playing with my son as I can because the time's flying by!

I like to set daily resolutions because they give me an aim to each day, they don't have to be huge ones.

Yesterday's was to comment on every blog I read, I think I read 12 and commented on them all.

Today's was to take some care with my appearance, so this morning I took care to pick a hat and a scarf that matched my coat, braided my hair and put some mascara and....wait for it.... Some bright red lip gloss!

When my mum dropped me off after out little shopping excursion she said it was nice to see me make an effort and I looked lovely. Awwww. I appreciate these comments may be normal from people's mums but not mine! She's the first to point out the bags under my eyes, unplucked eyebrows, my muffin top etc so this was a big compliment and I was very pleased :)

In Mammy world, my boy has turned into a little bit of a swine since yesterday. He's normally a complete angel so it's a bit of a shock to the system when he starts misbehaving!

He wouldn't do anything I asked him. I kept telling him off and he was almost teen like in the way he shrugged and smirked in response.

When Hubby came home I told him and he asked T if he'd been naughty, his response was 'yep' with a smirk and then he asked if he'd made Mammy sad and T again said 'yep, Mammy sad, T naughty'

Hubby sometimes says he gets worried about how quickly I get stressed when T misbehaves and I simply said that its because I'm not used to it, I'd say he was naughty maybe one day every 6 months and that's not an exaggeration, he's usually very lovely and accepting, like I was as a kid and I think I still am now. I didn't do stroppy teen either!

I think it's just an occasional boundary check, so hopefully back to normal tomorrow, we'll see!

Soon time to start pondering tomorrows New Days resolution.

Here's a pic of the boy looking like butter wouldn't melt and of me a bit glammed up!





No comments:

Post a Comment