Tuesday 8 January 2013

Me Time

I saw a question on Tots 100 which was as a stay at home mum, what constitutes 'me' time?

I'm quite lucky in the fact that from when I went back to work one day a week my in-laws had Toby for the day (Wednesday) and this continued even after I left work.

So I do get a day to myself.

However 'my' day usually consists of doing all the things I struggle to do properly when I have Toby with me. So the house gets a proper Hoover rather than a quick going over, gets a good mop rather than a quick run round with the mop etc. I usually crank my music up full blast and sing at the top of my lungs, when Toby's there and I do that he usually just screams 'no mammy' when I start singing.

I get to stay in bed for as long as I want, however I wake up so I can say bye before he goes, then usually go and make a cup of tea and force myself to sit in bed for half an hour just because I can!

So half an hour of lazing in bed, a good hour of cleaning and singing, that takes us to 9am......then the day looms as the Hubby picks Toby up on his way home so they don't get home till 5.

So Wednesdays usually get filled with Drs/Hospital/Dentist appointments as they're just easier to do alone, if I have no appointments then I end up sorting my house out. I usually have a very clean and clutter free house by the end of a Wednesday!

I don't think I need much 'me' time, I usually start pining for Toby from 10 o'clock. Everyone I know seems to be busy on a Wednesday and I just get grumpy when I'm on my own with nothing to do.

I love my job as a full time Mum.

If I had loads of money I'm sure I'd enjoy a day of shopping or a day of pampering, but I don't!

So tomorrow being Wednesday I have a day of sorting and cleaning to do, and as long as I have that to do I'll be happy!

What do you do for me time?!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, isn't it, how we long for a bit of time to ourselves but then when we get it, we long to have our little ones back again. :-) Polly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally insane of us if you ask me!! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete