Sunday 21 July 2013

Bending Without Breaking

It's certainly been an odd few days (weeks?) since I last blogged.

Had the Daughter in A&E for 7 hours with a suspected mini-stroke, turns out to be a very bad migraine. Back in to hospital 3 days later with sharp pains round her chest and tummy (thankfully just a muscle spasm, but we were concerned that it was contractions possibly started by the stress from the days before) She's 31 weeks now, eeeeeeeek not long to go!

Hubby had his Colonoscopy (all clear, yay!) T has been in for his second lot of allergy blood tests (they took his bloods from the back of his hand this time....why!? Poor little sausage)

Because of all this to-ing and fro-ing, T's potty training has suffered slightly, so we've taken a step back to being pantless and trying to introduce pants again tomorrow. Still no success when he has his nappy on though, although he does start crying and saying 'oh no oh no oh no' when he starts pooing in his nappy, which is a start I suppose!



We're having another pantless problem now, in the fact that T has well and truly discovered his winky! His hand is never off of it! Any tips on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated.

Also I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but those of you who follow me on Twitter will know that I am a huge Gleek. So I was pretty bummed out to say the least about the death of Cory Monteith last week. Not sobbing and calling helplines or anything but I felt sad about it. I love Glee, I am Glee, I am the misfit geek at school who sings all her problems away infront of the mirror. I've watched every episode since it began, and I'm also sad that now Finn and Rachel will never get back together and get married, which I'm pretty sure was supposed to be what happens in the end.

I'd also found out 5 days before this that a lady from our sign language class died whilst on holiday, I didn't know her that well, but she always had a smile for me and T, and had a little chat with me when she could. So that got to me as well. Her youngest is only a little bit older than T, how sad that she won't remember much of her lovely mummy :(

So needless to say this set my mind onto a downer, from one my previous blogs Thanatophobia: Fear of Death I struggle with the thought of leaving loved ones behind. So I went on a bit of a mission to start more memory books for T, so that if something like that happened, he would be able to see my blogs, my personal diary for him, and now a scrap book I've made.

So with death on my mind and many family trips to the hospital, needless to say I was a bit fed up and miserable.

But today it feels like my mind has cleared a bit, I've hopped back onto the Slimming World wagon. I hit my target 6 weeks ago, and 3lbs have crept back on, which is pretty good mind considering I've survived on McDonalds, takeaways, crisps and chocolate for the last few weeks. I've decided to set a new target of 11st 12, as this takes me into 'normal' the NHS BMI chart for the first time ever I think! Plus gives me something to focus on.



I've had physio visits galore, they've diagnosed me now with Hypermobility Syndrome so they're trying to help me strengthen my joints and hold my body properly. I have some sexy new bedtime attire:
 
 
T calls this my 'robot foot' but if this works, then I get a pelvic support and a wrist splint to add to my bedtime sexiness! Whit whooooooo!
 
I invested in this book, is actually quite eye opening really. But I like the title, kind of sums up the last few weeks physically and mentally! 






1 comment:

  1. Sorry for such an awful time. I have the same issues with death so can relate.
    I have hyper mobile too. At present non treated as I also have UCTD so suffer. Hope the equipment helps.
    Came by your blog from Instagram.

    ReplyDelete