Tuesday 5 August 2014

20 weeks


20 weeks finally arrived and we found out, to Ts delight and Hubby's horror that it's a girl! Lol. Hubby will deal with it once T stops singing 'I was riiiiight it's a giiiirl'

All measurements were in the middle of the range so she's progressing beautifully despite giving me no peace with the pregnancy symptoms! 20 weeks in and I've dealt with morning and evening sickness, piles, dizziness and now acid reflux oh and a dicky hip!

Dr has prescribed me some tablets and a gallon of Gaviscon, but I've googled some home remedies and hope to start trying some of them this week.

I have a pregnancy massage booked for tomorrow (phoned up today and got a cancellation appointment, score!) hopefully she can relieve some of whatever is happening with my hip but I think this is the hypermobility starting to show some real unhappiness with being pregnant. We shall see after the massage tomorrow I suppose. 

We've got a fair few girls names lined up so i think it'll be a short list then see what suits when she's born. 

T suggested we call her Eve as she'll come on Christmas Eve (?!) he guessed correctly with the sex I'll be massively spooked if he's right with the date. Although as long as I'm home with my newly extended family on Christmas Eve night I'll be happy! 

Trying to hold off on the shopping for a few months now. Unless I see some bargains obviously! 

Any tried and tested tips for treating acid in pregnancy will be most gratefully received. I've been advised: pineapple, refresher sweets, soda water and chewing gum so far. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw huge congratulations on team pink!! :)
    The 2nd trimester is such a lovely time I think! Im 39 weeks today and more than ready for this little man to make his entrance!! :)
    Lots of luck for the rest of your pregnancy! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete