Monday 25 August 2014

Yoga 4 Pregnancy Review





A while ago I saw a request for pregnant bloggers to review a Yoga 4 Pregnancy app. I signed up straight away.

There are only 2 prenatal anything classes locally, one's too expensive and the other's too far away, but with my hypermobility I know I should be doing something or else my body may just crumble into a heap in a few months time.

The app itself looks lovely and is easy to use.
The work out is broken down into chapters:

Each chapter has an explanation of how it benefits you and baby:

So I began.

As I was working through it the first time I thought 'this isn't doing anything, it's too gentle' but I have to say that afterwards I felt a lot looser and relaxed.

I love the fact that it has videos to watch and not just a picture of a generic pregnant woman in the positions, the two women in the video are real pregnant people with real pregnancy symptoms. Annas' soothing voice guides you through each chapter and advises you what you can and can't do, for example if you're suffering pelvic girdle pain, heartburn etc.

I started doing this on a morning, as it loosens me up and relieves the aches and niggles from an uncomfortable nights sleep. I'm now starting it on an evening as well.

Also the creator of the app, Anna, is just lovely. I've messaged her a few times asking for advice, and she's eager to assist and advise in anyway she can.

The only 2 'non' issues I have with the app are:

1) I wish you could personalise your workout. I do chapters 3-7, so I have to manually select the next chapter when I've finished one, which takes me out of the 'zone'

2) I WANT MORE! I love it so much that the 20 minutes isn't enough, I would love to see a few more moves on there to make my work out a bit longer!

I would highly recommend this to every pregnant woman I know.

You can follow Anna on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Yoga4Pregnancy_
Find her on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/Yoga4Pregnancy
Or her website here: http://www.yoga4pregnancy.co.uk/


*Disclaimer* I was given the app for free for the purpose of the review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post.The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right.Balayam Yoga



    ReplyDelete