Thursday 15 August 2013

Room 101

I have been tagged by @girlgonecoastal to take part in Room 101.

3 things I hate that I would banish to Room 101 to be gone forever! 

1: Clowns 


I've actually had a tear in my eye looking at that and I feel utterly sick.
 
You can't say I'm not dedicated to blogging!

Specifically clowns but I hate anyone in any costume where I can't see their face, or if they have full face paint on. It's wrong, just wrong. No I've not had my fear given to me from watching 'IT' I didn't watch that till my late 20s, and I've had this phobia since my teens!

Derren Brown did one of his TV experiments based on masks.
 
People with masks on are more likely to be evil because they give you anonymity. 
 
My son wants to go to Disneyland. This is a place, in my head, full of murderers and psychopaths.....I'm not sure how we're going to do that!
 
2: People Without Manners/Rudeness
 
They cost nothing!
 
This goes for everyone from 1 - 100.
 
I'm trying so hard to teach T about manners, please, thank you, nice table manners etc. (She says as he's sat slurping his milk and then putting his fingers in his mouth and slurping milk from them!)
 
An example from old people who push in front of you in the bus queue when you're 8 months pregnant on the hottest day of the year, then turn to look at you with disgust when you give a quiet tut. Lady if you're fit enough to shove me and my giant bump out of the way and have enough agility to sneak into the tiny space you made, you sure as hell don't need a seat more than I do!
 
Also this applies to queue hopping in Marks and Spencers, you don't have to be over 70 to shop there; customer service staff, particularly for mobile phone companies, who speak to me as though I don't have a clue, until I kindly point out that I worked for 6 years for a mobile phone company, then I get treat a lot differently!
 
3: People Who Park in Disabled/Parent and Child Bays
 
 
 
Now this one REALLY gets me, I nearly got into a full blown row with a bloke in Aldi the other week.
My sister is disabled so I have become more aware of how much of a problem people cause by parking where they shouldn't. When I worked on a retail park for afore mentioned mobile company out the front of our shop were just disabled spaces, if you weren't disabled you were expected to park a whole 20 metres further away. I got so wound up by watching people pull into them as it was easier, that I would make it my mission to go to that person, and when they asked for help, I would refuse until they moved their car! My niece and sister used to make stickers for people who parked in disabled bays without a badge, stick them on their windscreen, where my niece had written 'because of you my mummy couldn't go shopping today'
It should be illegal, it should be monitored and people should be FINED!
 
Parent and child ones, fair enough you could get away with it if you're shopping at 3am. But to jump into a space that we were waiting for and then to get out bold as brass with NO CHILD! Expect to get a mouthful from me!
 
Oooo I feel better for that, I tag
 
@ktbtwblog
@sentwivlove

What would you send to Room 101?!

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great list, but I've never understood the clown thing!

    Don't hate me, but I do think some parents get a little OTT over parent and baby spaces, some get very 'entitled' about it, but they should try pushing a double buggy navigating a busy car park with no real pedestrian consideration!

    ReplyDelete